Education & Experience:
Certification is optional in drafting or Equivalent Training or experience Two years’ experience of Auto Cad Electrical and at least one year using the intelligent features within the CAD program, familiarity with AutoCAD Electrical 2010 or higher. Ability to work as a team member in a dynamic environment.
Knowledge & Skills:
An electrical drafter needs to have excellent drawing skills in order to realistically depict complex technical details. They should also be great communicators, as they are often required to collaborate with engineers while drafting their drawings.
- Electrical drafters are responsible for preparing technical drawings of electrical wiring systems
- Assemble documentation packages and produce drawing sets which are then checked by an engineer
- Discuss with engineering staff and other personnel to resolve problems.
- Draft working drawings (single hand), wiring diagrams, wiring connection specifications or cross-sections of underground cables, as required for instructions to installation crew.
- Draw master sketches to scale showing relation of proposed installations to existing facilities and exact specifications and dimensions.
- Measure factors that affect installation and arrangement of equipment, such as distances to be spanned by wire and cable.
- Study work order requests to determine type of service, such as lighting or power, demanded by installation.
- Visit proposed installation sites and draw rough sketches of location.
- Drafters may also be responsible for training and overseeing other drafters and technicians.
TO APPLY : Please email a resume and cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify the job(s) you are applying for in the